At Blacktown South Public School, Special Religious Education (Scripture) is delivered on Thursday between recess and lunch. Years 1, 2, 5 and 6 are held 11.35am until 12.10pm. Years 3, 4 and Kindergarten are held 12.15pm and 12.50pm.
On enrolment parents/carers will be given the SRE and participation letter to complete and return. After the initial enrolment, notification of changes to a child's enrolment in SRE should be given to the school offfice, in writing.
The following SRE classes are offered at Blacktown South Public School:
- Catholic scripture is provided by the Catholic Diocese of Parramatta - curriculum
- Combined Christian scripture is provided by Anglican Diocese of Sydney, Baptist Union of NSW and Uniting Church of Australia. - curriculum
- Islamic scripture is provided by the Islamic Council of NSW- curriculum
- Sikhism is provided by the Australian Sikh Association. - curriculum
- Hindu scirpture is provided by The Saiva Manram - curriculum
During the time that SRE classes are being held, students not attending will be located in a seperate space and will participate in meaningful activities such as reading.